Saturday, October 04, 2008

Row, row, row your boat~

What do crazy M'sians do in extremely cold weather at about 5-6 degrees? Where the skies are dark and gloomy and not a ray of sunshine is able to pass through. Where the winds are so strong and cold every exposed part of your body feels like it's in the freezer. And to top it off, rain begins to fall...

View of the sky from my room

Why, they go rowing in the nearby river of course! An extremely fast flowing river that unlike our stagnant and polluted Sg. Pinang, will wash you away in seconds. What an experience!

The morning itself was indication enough about the bad weather we were about to face. Dark clouds, strong winds... Can't believe we were still excited enough to follow through lol. Anyway, we learnt how to row both on the boat and in the mini training centre on their rowing machines. It was fun! And cold! More layers for me next round! Being the sun-loving person I am, I almost decided to switch clubs. But after stepping into the boat, there's no looking back. I can't wait till we get to go out to the middle of Tyne(?) river :)

On another note, I tripped on the stairs today... Caused this huge red patch on my knees and light scrapes on my elbows. Here's a pic of my left knee... Traces of 2 bruises gained during the rollerskate night are still visible :S

Ouch!

No comments: