Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mai HiME fanfiction - It was distracting

Finally after months of just lurking about and greedily gobbling down every piece of Shiznat fanfiction and artwork, I decided to try contributing back. So came the translation of Katakoi Enka, Shizuru's character song and the drawing of Natsuki- which wasn't very good. Then another drawing of Natsuki- still not very good but better, which was edited into a birthday wish for Natsuki. And now, finally, the unveiling of my very first fanfic.....

It was distracting
-A Mai HiME fanfiction by scoobz-

Chapter 1

It was distracting. Really. We were hanging out as usual at my apartment and she was sitting with her legs curled up on the couch on with only an oversized t-shirt on, leaving little left to the imagination. A thriller with lots of bloody scenes was on, my kind of show, but most times I found my eyes wandering the length of those smooth creamy legs. My fingers itched to touch, to run my fingers lightly up those milk white thighs. I wonder if she’s ticklish… Unbidden thoughts of her squirming beneath my touch suddenly flashed through my mind. No! No! Bad thoughts! Quickly I shook them away, feeling a hot blush creep up my face. Since when did I become such a pervert? I thought, annoyed by my thoughts.

“Ara ara. I wonder what my Natsuki is thinking to bring such a cute blush to her face.”

Caught.

“Nn..nothing!!” I stammered out.

“Is that so?"

"Or perhaps Natsuki was thinking of trying that with me?” Shizuru asked huskily with a seductive smile, gesturing towards the television.

Try what?

Confused, I glanced at it only to turn away immediately, blushing an even deeper shade of red. A couple was making out onscreen, hands groping each other in, well, places. I blushed even deeper. “Shizuru!!”

“Mou. Does Natsuki find me unattractive then?” A pout.

“No!! I didn’t mean it like that!”

Comparing herself to the heroine in the movie, Shizuru said sadly “Well, I guess mine aren’t that huge.”

My eyes followed as her hands moved to cup her breasts.

“Neither are my lips as luscious as hers.” Fingers lightly brushed against moistened lips.

“And legs not as long and smooth…” Shizuru’s voice trailed off, a hand slowly tracing a path up her legs.

Higher.

And higher.

“Oh God, if she goes any higher I’d be able to see….” My eyes widened, suddenly realizing what I had been doing. I looked away immediately feeling my whole face on fire.

“Na..tsu..ki.”

I braced myself and looked up, expecting more teasing about my behavior. I was however surprised to see Shizuru watching me with a serious expression, her eyes unreadable. The usual smile was gone, replaced by an almost hungry look. But that couldn’t be right.

We just ate didn’t we?

“Shi..zuru?”

Suddenly there was a warm pressure on my lips. The sensation was... oddly pleasing. I leaned in unconsciously, wanting more. The kiss deepened, a hand found its way to my face, the other lightly caressing the skin under my shirt. My skin was burning, my mind whirling. All I could think of was how good it felt, how right it felt.

Then just as suddenly as it had started, it was gone.

Troubled crimson eyes met my own confused ones. “Kanin na Natsuki! Kanin na! I didn’t mean to do that.”

“I… I’d better go now. I understand if you…” her voice cracking.

Swallowing she continued “If you don’t want to see me again, Natsuki.” she said dejectedly.

I stared at her mutely as she fought to hold in the tears that I knew threatened to fall. I could see how much it broke her to say that. Memories during the carnival came rushing back. Shizuru’s hurt look when I had rejected her, her tears, her empty hollow expression. Even when she rescued me from Nao, it was as if she was on auto pilot, an empty vessel with a missing soul, out to destroy everything that made me unhappy. The pain I saw in her eyes as we fought and the possessive yet tender way she had held me after trapping me in the church all flashed in front of my eyes in slow motion. I wanted desperately to hold her, to tell her that it was alright, that I...

That I lo...cared for her too.

But that would be even more cruel, wouldn't it? Especially when I know it might be more.

Shizuru...

Shizuru smiled sadly at me.

To me, it seemed more like a grimace.

Taking my silence to mean the worst, she said quietly with her head bowed “I understand. Goodbye Natsuki."

One final goodbye

With those words, she left. And somewhere deep within me, I knew that if I didn't go after her now, she was never coming back.

Shizuru...

Nothing that felt so right could be wrong. Could it?

Then why?

Why couldn't I go after her?

xxx

omake 1:

Natsuki: Oi! Shizuru wait! What did you do to my legs you stupid author? -glares-

Scoobz: It wasn't me! -shivers in fear-

Natsuki: I don't care! Find a way to cure it now! or else...

-Shizuru walks in with a bottle of scented oil-

Shizuru: Ara ara... Let me massage it for you Na-tsu-ki. -stares pointedly at author-

Natsuki: -blushes- Shi-zuru!!

-Scoobz hurries out of room as images of the two covered in oil signaled the start of a nosebleed-

~TBC~

Note: kanin na - forgive me
ara ara - Somethin' similar to 'my my'
baka - stupid/idiot


So, let me know what you guys think :)
Story can also be found here. Reviews are appreciated!
-gl-

7 comments:

charmsterk said...

Wait wait wait... is natsuki a she? ( Silent prays that it's just grammar mistake )

scoobz said...

Lol... It's no grammar mistake, Charm. Natsuki's a she ;)

charmsterk said...

So it's a she and a she?
Now u spoil all the affection i hold for natsuki !

scoobz said...

awww... but love is good, no matter the form..

charmsterk said...

no comment at the mo =P

Janny said...

C'mon, it's sweet :p I just love ShizNat, perfect form of couple and lover.

Shizuru Fujino said...

Ara~ I do believe Author-kun don't want to die~ he/she should continue ~ or it's the end?